My First Google Guice Application

Google Guice is a simple yet interesting Dependency Injector for I just wrote my first Guice application in netbeans. It is a very basic application but was good enough to do a head start. First you need to download Guice from gooogle code site from http://code.google.com/p/google-guice/ . In the zip you will find two jars called guice-2.0.jar and aopalliance.jar which you need to create your application.
First you need to create a normal java application project and then add the above two jar’s in the project as library.
I started with a simple interface like this
package firstguice.interfaces;
public interface IGreeter {
public void sayHello();
}
Next I created the implementation of this as the following code
package firstguice.impl;
import firstguice.interfaces.IGreeter;
public class ConsoleGreeter implements IGreeter{
public void sayHello() {
System.out.println("Hi there, this is the console greeter");
}
}
After the implementation is done. Lets create the module. Where we will be gluing the interface with the implementation.
package firstguice.module;
import com.google.inject.AbstractModule;
import firstguice.impl.ConsoleGreeter;
import firstguice.interfaces.IGreeter;
public class GreeterModule extends AbstractModule {
@Override
protected void configure() {
this.bind(IGreeter.class).to(ConsoleGreeter.class);
}
}
Now time for the actual code in the main function
package firstguice;
import com.google.inject.Guice;
import com.google.inject.Injector;
import firstguice.interfaces.IGreeter;
import firstguice.module.GreeterModule;
public class FirstGuice {
public static void main(String[] args) {
Injector jk=Guice.createInjector(new GreeterModule());
IGreeter greeter=jk.getInstance(IGreeter.class);
greeter.sayHello();
}
}

Comments

Unknown said…
Hello, Tiklu I found your blogs are good, and I am a new comer to the Google Blog, can you tell me how to past the java code to the Text area to make it more like code style? thanks.
Tiklu Ganguly said…
Hi Huantao,
I am really glad that you liked my blog :). I have written this blog using Microsoft live writer. Live Writer had this feature of being able to post codes in nice format. But I could not find something equivalent in the blogspots own editor. I found a blog post couple of months back that showed how can we achieve it by using JavaScript code highlighter. But I did not really liked the process. It is just too much for me. You can say I am also looking for something to help me out format the codes better. I will definitely let you know once I got one that really works and easy.

Popular posts from this blog

Configure Netbeans For Android development

Configuring CI pipeline in Jenkins for PHP projects

Configure Netbeans for Apache TomEE and OpenJPA